This is on rosin paper. I tried it as a substrate since it was getting so much good publicity on the Technique Group. Its found in building supply stores, sometimes called "Red Rosin" and is laid underneath new hardwood floors. Like alot of other artists i found i liked the effects while arting on it, paint goes on nicely and does what you want it to do, its tough enough to handle all kinds of wet techniques and certainly is cheap enough (if you can find it) In the U.S. its available in huge rolls for less than $8. at some Home Depots.In Canada however its not to be found anywhere so i had to trade for some on the Partes ala Cartes group.
I gesso'ed this bckgrd first then painted with acrylic paint. When it was dry i stamped the numbers and small squares then swirled Liquitex String Gel over all. I let it dry overnight then applied metallic Rub-Ons with a finger.